Friday, July 06, 2007

Funkmaster Flex's Fourth of July 90's Mix

Didn't actually hear this live, but listened to ALL FIVE HOURS when I got back to Brooklyn this morning. Had a good time in Hampton and Virginia Beach with my boys Yusuf and AK, but now it's back to New York flava. Funk Flex goes BANANAS with this mix and you can literally just press play and let it serve as the soundtrack of ya weekend. Hot 90's hip-hop with classic hit after hit and solid spinnin by Flex himself. This is why I love NYC radio, most notably Hot 97, and why I never turn on the radio back in Durham. 102 Jamz and K97.5 need to take note...


Hot 97's 2007 Fourth of July 90's Mix - Funkmaster Flex
Part 1, feat. Cipha Sounds & Mister Cee
Part 2, feat. Cipha Sounds & Mister Cee
Part 3, feat. Cipha Sounds & Peter Rosenberg
Part 4, feat. Cipha Sounds & Peter Rosenberg


Props to Rosenberg

3 Comments:

Blogger DiBiase said...

ahh No CDS or Serato

2:05 PM  
Blogger DiBiase said...

Ok so I just got down listening to the mix on my way home from work. Im not gonna act like I knew a majority of the songs that where played and 'that they took me back' (Back then I was just dirty lil fuck learning how to aim my pee (Prodigy(c)) but just to hear Ciph, Flex, and Pete go nuts when a new jawn was put on made my face hairs rise. The last hour of the mix was really the only time I was able to 'sing along' (Mobb, NaS, Raekwon, Wu).
As a DJ who still uses Vinyl records I could def. appreciate this mix. Hearing the needle skip on these old records never sounded better.
As for Radio, it sucks but with something like this, it just blows my mind that Program Directors and GMs wont let DJs do their thing. In Atlanta Hot 1079 will do all mix weekends (New Years, 4th, Memorial Day) and Ill ACTUALLY listen. Down here DJs will do 90's sets as well but the sound that was coming from Atlanta back then was all about that Bass. Radios gonna be radio so thank god for the mp3 player.

Thanks for puttin this up

7:32 PM  
Blogger thehaytidream said...

I know man. I still put this on when I'm chillin at the crib.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home