Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Phonte on BET Cipher

So, Little Brother isn't "too intelligent" for BET after all... BET has gained a little of my respect as they have invited Phonte to be a part of a cipher on their awards show, like they one they had last year with Lupe Fiasco, Papoose and Styles P.

Stephen Hill, BET's Executive Vice President of Music & Talent, had this to say:
"BET wouldn't play (their) video because their music was 'too intelligent'? I'm not sure how all that confusion started. I was surprised when the accusation came up. The Little Brother CD was one of my personal favorites and Phonte's flow is crazy. When it came time to put together ciphers for this year's BET Hip-Hop Awards, I personally requested that he be involved. We're very glad that he accepted. And, of course, he ripped it."

The Awards will take place October 13 and will air on October 17 at 8 PM.

2 Comments:

Blogger DiBiase said...

I gotta find out where there shootin that

6:42 AM  
Blogger thehaytidream said...

Yeah, heard it might be with Joell Ortiz and Kardinal Offishal among others.

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home