Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tribute to Dave Ellis


I'm relatively new to the hip-hop blog scene, but I was recently smartened up to SumIsh, which was the brainchild of Dave Ellis. Ellis was killed in a fire two years ago today, but I'll let Peter Rosenberg tell you how he remembers him.
Dave Ellis was more than a friend. He was more than a coworker at WMUC in College Park. He was the ultimate hip hop head and truly one of the best human beings I’ve ever known. I’m not a religious guy, but I thank God that I got to spend time with Dave Ellis. He will always be a part of everything I do in hip hop. He died two years ago today in a fire that should have never happened, but will probably happen in another college town soon, because some borderline slumlords bend rules to make money off of kids who are living in unsafe conditions. I love you Dave. See you on the flip side, homey…

This is a wonderful tribute done by Haysoos of Wade Waters and Kenn Starr. 9th Wonder gave me the beat on the strength simply because I told him about Dave and how much Dave lived for true hip hop. Thanks 9th…

The song is hot...

Sum Ish for Dave (prod. by 9th Wonder) - Kenn Starr & Haysoos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home