Monday, April 23, 2007

For the Go-Go Folks...


Chuck Brown, for those of you not familiar with the D.C. area, is the "Godfather of Go-Go" and has been around since the 1960's. He helped create the genre and has influenced every single Go-Go act since. I was in D.C. this weekend and found out that he has a new album coming out, called We're About The Business, his first Go-Go album of primarily original material in over two decades. The man is 72, but he has a bangin new single featuring the vocals of his daughter KK. This track is HOT on the radio in DC, but I doubt anybody outside the listening range of WPGC 95.5 has heard it.

Chuck Baby - Chuck Brown

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOl...definitely heard it...Chuck is so funny to me...he's a legend tho! And if you're not really from the city then you just don't kno! Shame!

2:57 PM  
Blogger DiBiase said...

I like it I like it! But just Chuck, I love his voice. "And she said.." Really like that. Im about to look for more of his stuff. Thanks for turning me on

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home