Tuesday, July 31, 2007

MTV's Hottest MC's in the Game




Last week the hip hop brain trust of MTV compiled what they believed to be the Hottest MC's in the Game right now. This wasn't the list of Greatest MC's of All Time but who's hot NOW.

10. Jim Jones
9. Common
8. 50 Cent
7. Jay-Z
6. Young Jeezy
5. Kanye West
4. Andre 3000
3. Game
2. T.I.
1. Lil Wayne

I'm glad MTV did this, simply because it backs up the argument I've had for some time about Lil Wayne vs. Jay-Z. Yes, Jay-Z is one of the greatest of all time, but when you talk about who is killin the game right now, the choice is clear. It's like when Mike Jordan was playing with the Wizards his last few years in the league. Yes, Jordan is the greatest but at that point in his career if you had to choose one man on your squad, you would have chose someone like Kobe rather than the aging Jordan. Sunday the roundtable discussion deciding the list was aired and above is the debate between Weezy and T.I. for the #1 spot. I'm confused with the selection of The Game at #3 and look at The South holding three of the top four spots.

4 Comments:

Blogger DiBiase said...

I dont know, It doesnt take much to be on top of the game right now. Be a 'LIL' different and youll stand out. I was trying to come up w/ my own list but cant but i will give my thoughts on the rappers in the top 10.

10. Jim Jones
Was my dude until he started doing solo shit. On "Come Home w/ Me" w/ Cam. That was my shit. same on Dip Immunity, Love the swag, was way ahead on the rockstar shit but still needs to show me more.
9. Common
Im a lil biased since ive been listening to his new album. But when I heard "The People" a couple of months ago. "Everyday we hustlin tryin to get them custom rims law we aint trustin em THICK BROADS WE LUSTIN EM" when I heard that i even thought about given up my love for the chubby booty but then the summer came..
8. 50 Cent
When that mag cover of him came out 'mean muggin' I was like "oh nowe" 50 doesnt have to prove anything, one of only a handful of dudes that can put an album out every 3 or so years and still be relevant but he hasnt been makin noise since get rich or die..
7. Jay-Z
His whole steez is lame now. Im almost 40 and I brag about being 'on my grown man ish' and not havin a myspace page?
6. Young Jeezy
Didnt really care for the last album but the 'top back remix' was killed by him. But can only take a lil of him at a time.
5. Kanye West
My Man, as I said before he will change the game and make the nation step their game up w/ his foward thinkin..Specially in his pastel and his BAPE shit.
4. Andre 3000
Everyone is so gay for this nigga now. Esp. chicks. I tell em 'go back to the first album' thats when dre was the shit RAP WISE, the whole flow, similes, metas and everyting else. I love him as a singer on the love below but this whole spoken word jawn, doesnt do it for me. Mainly b/c i hate spoken word.
3. Game
This nigga... It aint 1992 anymore dude, gangbangin aint cool
2. T.I.
Still does his own hooks. A Lil to dramatic for me, swag seems a lil too forced but last album was great went a dif way w/ the beats but like the mtv nerds said, he is still a lil too safe
1. Lil Wayne
It took me a lil while to see why everyone was gay for wayne but now i know. He's like Jimi Hendrix now. I keep on feeling like he is gonna be dead soon but 'knock knock' I appreciate that he rides solo a lot. Even though he has the whole Y$ going on I still look at him as an individual.

I really dont even like rappers that much. Im more of a beat man. The lyrics are just icing on the cake for me and i taste it from time to time. I think thats kinda why I liked Lil Brothers ole ish rather than their new ish. No 9th..

4:26 PM  
Blogger thehaytidream said...

lol... this might one of the funniest comments I've ever read. Since when did people start sayin people are "gay for somebody"? lol

8:31 AM  
Blogger Thesis said...

LMAO @ DIBIASE

2:49 PM  
Blogger DiBiase said...

Imma trendsetter "yeen know?" (c) La Chat

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home