Sunday, December 03, 2006

Classic: Shorty On The Lookout


So exam time has given me a lil time to procrastinate and revamp the website. Of course if there ever was a face of this blog it would have to be the "biggest rap stars in yo apartment complex" - Little Brother. Exam time has also given me a lil time to recruit some more writers as well as think up a few new ideas for the blog. My latest would be the posting of old school tracks that I just can't shake. My first entry...

I found The Listening when I got to college in 2004, though I had heard of Little Brother for some time. I could really post the entire album because from top to bottom, the album redefined my views of hip hop. Having said this, "Shorty On The Lookout" is one track that is what we college students need right about now with exam time comin up. Dope beats, dope rhymes... that's hip hop! My favorite part of this track is the beat switch at the 4:23 mark. If you haven't heard this song, I hope this opens up a new door for ya, and if you have, let's go back to when LB was just three cats outta Durham who were on the come up.

Shorty On The Lookout - Little Brother

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have to say "The Yo-Yo" is my favorite track on "The Listening", but you right, this album is what everybody needs entering finals. It's the type of album you just sit back and study to.

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SHORTY HIT THE BRAKES TOO LATE!

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Favorite line comes from Track #4 "For You"

Phonte' says this at 00:48 of the song

If you a Showman, put ya stage up
Cornball Niggas, throw ya Maze Up
Microsoft niggas, say WORD to PAGE UP...

I had heard that verse hundreds of times, but never REALLY Listened to it, until I was on a road trip.

This little peice of verbage gave me one of the biggest ephinany's (sp) in a long time. It taught me to LISTEN TO THE MUSIC!

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yaaaaay for this note!!! LoL check my note out... it's the only 1 i have :o)
"Dope beats, dope rhymes...i mean what more could you want?"

"Phonte... the best kept secret since the aids cure!!!" -Phonte lol

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home