Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Back to Black



In my previous post I wrote about English soul singer Amy Winehouse and decided to listen to her latest album Back to Black and was left wondering why is she unknown on this side of the Atlantic. Maybe the delay is due to her public problems back home such as alcoholism, drug abuse, and an eating disorder. I originally wasn't going to make an article on her but after hearing Beyonce release her 5th single off of her 10 track album B'Day I just felt like exposing a new(er) artist.

This is Winehouse's second album and has a more soulful feeling rather than her previously jazz influenced album entitled Frank. Producers Mark Ronson and Salaami Remi provide the production on Back to Black and bring an amazing sound from the 50's and 60's to back vocals of Winehouse. The only bad thing I have to say about this album is the length, 11 tracks at a run time of just under 35 minutes. But maybe thats what makes the album good, its not overdone.

I selected two tracks that stood out to me...

Back to Black- Amy Winehouse

Wake Up Alone- Amy Winehouse

Tell your friends!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

amy winehouse is nice...im lookin for that album.

-thehonorable
http://hmblog.wordpress.com

2:49 PM  
Blogger thehaytidream said...

Yeah, I like her. Real soulful sound, singin about some "real life sitiations". Already had a few people ask me about her at UNC. Big props on this find.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God somebody posted something on her. I love, love, LOVE this girl. I've been playing that CD from beginning to end since October. Only problem is that it's too short. I'm loving the blog, hope to see more soon.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home