Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Lil Wayne tells Jay-Z, "I'm better than you"


In the newest issue of Complex, Weezy F. Baby lets loose on several topics:
Jay-Z:
"I don’t like what he’s saying about how he had to come back because hip-hop’s dead and we need him," Wayne said. "What the fuck do you mean? If anything it’s reborn, so he’s probably having a problem with that. You left on a good note, and all of the artists were saying, ‘Yo, this is Jay’s house. He’s the best.’ Now he comes back and still thinks it’s his house. But we fucked bitches in your bed already. It’s not your house anymore, and I’m better than you."

Thinks he's better than Jay-Z:
“Who don’t? [to friends in the background] Ay-yo, am I better than Jay? [friends laugh and nod]. I ain’t got nothing to do with who he is. I’m better than him, though. I’m 24 years old… The dude’s like…? It’s scary. I’m 13 years deep with five albums and 10 million records sold.”

The Clipse and Pharrell:
”I don’t see no fucking Clipse. This is a fucking legend you’re talking to right here. How many years them n---as been around? Who the fuck is Pharrell? Do you really respect him? That n---a wore BAPE and y’all thought he was weird. I wore it and y’all thought it was hot. What I gotta go in the store and say, ‘I like these colors but I can’t buy them because other rappers wore them?”

Picture of he and Baby kissing:
“I don’t fault nobody for misunderstanding. I don’t understand a lot of shit. Baby walked in the crib one day and was like, ‘Everybody’s doing this black mob shit. When I see you n—-s, this is what we’re gonna do.’ And that’s why you’ve probably got a picture of me because I stuck with everything that man said. But every n—a’s done that. I’ve done kissed [Juvenile and B.G.]. No homo. Pause.”

Is this the same Wayne who once said in an interview with Ozone Mag, "My top five [rappers] are Jay-Z, Jigga, Hova, Shawn Carter, and Biggie." and declined to even name himself in their company? Dude has definitely changed his tune in two years.

19 Comments:

Blogger DiBiase said...

Not really a fan of either, but when it comes down to the sole rapper, I can tolerate Weezys voice over Jay's with his "I have to whisper when im telling you important info". With Wayne I've just havent been able to get into him, but since im more about the music rather than the lyrics Jay makes producers step up their game when its time for a track.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wayne is that dude and all...but he definitely walkin a thin line right now

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First 50, now Lil Wayne. Lil wayne is hot...But Jay-z is a legend...I can't say I'm really feeling Kingdom Come (besides a few songs) but he's still a legend. I like how people want to diss all & everything that comes before them. Jay-z paved the way for Weezy and Biggie paved the way for Jay. People need to learn to give respect where it's due.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree Reek...NIGGAS IS WYLIN!!!!!!!!

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He wyl'n mayne, on a island mayne....tell dat nigga to float on

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha yay for my boy who did this interview...big things big things

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"walkin a thin line
gotta defend mine and
with no pen im somethin like a bomb
BOOM"

7:20 PM  
Blogger thehaytidream said...

I think Wayne would "slaughter" Jay. LOL

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this the same Wayne who once said in an interview with Ozone Mag, "My top five [rappers] are Jay-Z, Jigga, Hova, Shawn Carter, and Biggie." and declined to even name himself in their company? Dude has definitely changed his tune in two years.......shaffer, now think about wha u saying..lol

8:42 AM  
Blogger thehaytidream said...

I know man... but still. Wayne used to have respect. Now he back on that "Fuck Tha World" from "Tha Block Is Hot".

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Wayne been sayin' he the best rapper alive...he ain't make no exceptions...He explained to yall niggas on the dedication that anybody that don't think they the best at they craft shouldn't be doin' that shit... So if i was Wayne and i spittin' the hottest shit of anybody I'd say whatever the fuck I wanted to say too........Lil Wayne.......The best rapper alive...

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He said....BEST RAPPER ALIVE SINCE THE BEST RAPPER RETIRED....disrespect

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah thats not a good look at all for wayne..

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... hell, IM THE BEST RAPPER ALIVE TOO!!! (WWW.MYSPACE.COM/STORYBOOK
MUSIC) -shameless plug...

8:43 AM  
Blogger thehaytidream said...

I feel ya Norris. Like Jay said, "CAN'T KNOCK THE HUSTLE"

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm..they BOTH are getting money which is the main reason they do it...its all hype, believe none of the hype......we should just GET MONEY too....

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i neva looked as jay as the hottest rapper but numbers dont lie...so i respected his titlle...i look at wanye as the better artisit but as i did wanye shoulda showed some respect for what came before him just for the fact that the niggah sold millions something must have been good about it for so many ppl to cop it...he really went for the man neck talkin about how old he is an all dat...but OVERALL i agree with maine all this hype puts both there names out there and got ppl thinkin about them and jay-z said something like everytime someone says my name its that much harder for pp to forget me....

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what y'all eat don't make me sh**. I say leave Jay alone, if the best wants to come back out by all means i will ride with him, i'd rather have someone quit and come back 10 times than keep pretending i'm enjoying this other garbage thats dropping.. same respect for MJ. Lil wayne, his head is too hot, Jay is still ALIVE and well.. best rapper alive, its clear who the thrown belongs too. Lil wayne had me from the get.. 500 degreez is almost a classic to me, then the suffix, prefix, dedication, carter 1 2 2.5 and this year 3... he is an animal with it... but jay has a story line.. a message, I can relate to jay z. Lil wayne is a club banger.. he doesn't go deep.. sure he "goes hard" at "workin' them bi**ches or pimpin' nem hoes"
but its jay EVERYDAY! jigga held you down 6 summers da** wheres the love!

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jay

"everyday its the same
i said in blueprint that id never change.. its just a part of the game,
respect me."

"see success is like sUIciDE
if you succeed your paying to be crucified..."

"i been said i been through with this bullsh** game but i never can...."

:o)

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home